Groundhog's Day= A random "holiday"...so why not a little bit of randomness from us?!
|
| My boys on this pseudo-holiday: Super Bowl Sunday Ü There are few things that Tyler loves more than his sports- especially big games...but he sure loves his little guy! AND- he made me yummy crepes today with fruit and chocolate- so it wasn't JUST a day for the boys! |
I had seen someone else taking monthly pictures of their baby with the same stuffed animal to show how much they were growing and I thought that was a good idea. SO- here is our little guy with a full-size football at 1 month! I feel like he has grown so much already!
And these are just for fun! He's still not smiling "on purpose" but Tyler caught this smile the other day- and it just makes me smile every time I see it! Ü
Jordy usually only falls asleep in 1 of 2 places: while someone is holding him or in our bed! Apparently HIS bed wasn't big enough for him- so he's taken over OUR bed! He's just lucky he's so cute!
One other bit of randomness for today:
The other day I was asked, "So what is your favorite thing about being a mom so far?" and I have to admit, I was kind of surprised by the question. The first thing I thought of was how exhausted I feel, or how I still don't fit into anything but sweatpants, or how I have a growing "to-do" list because I never feel like I get anything done during the day (ok-that's not true- I change more diapers than I can keep track of, change outfits multiple times (and not just Jordy's- the few times he's ever spit up have been on me) and have almost perfected the "mom dance": a slight bounce with a sway!) -- so not really "favorite" things. HOWEVER, I realized, it was actually a good question to consider. I don't want to only remember the dirty diapers or the long nights and days and more nights with no sleep, or... :) Jordy is a MIRACLE in my/our lives- and I hope that amid the dark circles under my eyes, others can still see how much joy he brings to me. So I made a goal to list at least one favorite thing at least every month when I give a "Jordy update." But as I missed his first update- here it is: My favorite thing about being a mom so far (I'm cheating, I have 2!)
1. Even though I'm supposed to be the mom now- I've never felt so grateful for MY own mom as I am now...she is amazing and every day I am amazed how it's just starting to sink in, after 26 years, just how much she sacrificed for me and how much love and patience she's had for and with me all these years. (As I've realized how little patience I have as I'm near my wits-end rocking Jordy at 2am...and she did this 7 times and STILL lets me tell her about my "troubles"!) So being a mom has made me more grateful for MY mom and realize how I love her more than ever before!
2. I love holding Jordy in my arms and snuggling with him...knowing he is my little boy (ok- OUR little boy- but I feel very possessive of him!) Knowing the nature of boys and that he won't always want to be a "mama's boy"- but for now- he curls up on my chest and just snuggles into me so that I breathe nothing but baby! And as long as he has a dry diaper on- there isn't a sweeter smell to me! Ü I look at him and realize: My life has changed forever because of him- but it's such a good change- that I almost can't remember what it was like before he was here. Because he "fits" so well when I hold him close to me- I just feel a sense of completeness with him.



No comments:
Post a Comment