I'm playing some catch-up with the next few posts...
(MAJOR CATCH UP now!)
Spring term ended in the middle of June- and boy was I ready for a break! :) Jordy has been so good - considering he's been in a "school routine" since he was about 3 weeks old.
I can't thank Ben enough for still being willing to watch Jordy during the spring/summer as I took classes and worked with clients. Jordy loves his Uncle Ben! :)
 |
| He's a natural! :) |
Ben was even willing to watch Jordy when Jordy was sick. One day I came to pick Jordy up and Jordy had leaked, but apparently I hadn't changed the spare clothes for awhile in the diaper bag- the clothes no longer fit...so Ben got creative! :)
The Thursday I finished my last final we celebrated by going to the Pleasant Grove Strawberry Days Rodeo!
 |
| Jordy makes a cute cowboy :) |
 |
| They have the yummiest strawberries and cream...we always look forward to eating ours- just look at how excited someone else was too! |
 |
| They had fireworks at the end of the Rodeo- we weren't sure how Jordy would do with loud fireworks- but he seemed to like them! :) |
I was able to play on a soccer team (for 3 games- because they were desperate to fill the team in order to not forfeit :) Jordy was a good "cheerleader" - though some wanted him to be our ball!
Speaking of soccer- we were super excited for the World Cup to start in Brasil! Jordy's shirt is still a little big, but he was excited to cheer on Brasil as they played their opening game.
*Because I'm writing this after-the-fact, I can say we were sad how Brasil got dominated- but it was fun to see some good games during the World Cup. Hopefully Brasil will have more luck during the Olympics! :)
We went to the nearby Farmer's Market one Saturday in June and bought a cucumber plant, a tomato plant (yes, we're still trying to prove we can grow something! :) and then enjoyed walking around looking at the little crafts and things to eat. We decided to try out this pizza van...they cooked their "gourmet" pizzas in a wood stove in a glass box on wheels...it ended up being pretty yummy!
 |
Poor Jordy-- he really wanted some of it!
|
My great friend, Rachel Bronson and her family got to visit us during their trip from Oregon. We loved having dinner with them and seeing her adorable boys. We wish they lived closer and can't wait to see them again!
 |
| Logan was so cute with Jordy! |
 |
| I don't know what surprised Jordy so much in this one! |
 |
| Come visit again soon!!! :) |
Grandpa Hyatt was also able to visit for a day (after driving for 23+ hours from Wisconsin) before he had to leave for a business trip. We were excited to get to see him, even if it was a quick visit!
 |
| Taking advantage of half price Sonic shakes with Carly and Brad |
 |
| Visiting my Grandma and Grandpa Hyatt |
These are just some random pictures from the month...
 |
| Jordy sleeping with his butt in the air! |
 |
One of Jordy's new favorite things to do: eat his pacifier!
(Now he can put almost the whole thing in his mouth) |
 |
| He also started biting his lower lip- making him look like a little turtle! |
 |
| He's such a big boy...he likes holding his own bottle! |
 |
| "Aww Dad! Now I have grandpa pants!" |
 |
| I haven't gotten a good picture of him eating his toes- but that's another new favorite thing now! |
 |
| What a happy boy! |
On the way up to Idaho the last weekend in June we stopped in Ogden to meet up with my cello teacher from Appleton, Linda Calhan. It was fun getting to catch up with her!
No comments:
Post a Comment