Sunday, August 31, 2014

Trip to WI- part 1

My parents were very generous and offered to fly Jordy and I to MN/WI this summer so they could see him again, he could meet his MN cousins, and I could hopefully get some work done on my thesis and study for the PRAXIS test I needed to take for national certification.

Unfortunately, the Monday before we were going to leave, Jordy got pink eye, again :( I was also feeling kind of stressed leaving for 3 1/2 weeks. I haven't ever been gone that long from Tyler and I didn't know if he'd make it living off of cereal for that long (like his single days!) I also was just finishing working with a client for my thesis collecting data, AND, our condo had been on the market for a few months and I was still worried it would sell while we were gone and Tyler would be stuck moving us all alone. But after we got some eye drops for Jordy and I made a few things to stick in the freezer for Tyler...we were OFF! 

I had been nervous to fly alone with Jordy (especially when he wasn't feeling the best), but he did GREAT! We should have gotten a picture of me and all our luggage...we were quite a sight! I had Jordy strapped to my front, a huge backpack on, and then had an overflowing diaper bag (after checking a bag as well! And yes, it was just the two of us :) But in my defense, I didn't know what we might need!) But we made it through security and on board just fine. It was a late flight, so we had the whole row to ourselves! 



Saying goodbye to Dad for a few weeks! 



Who wouldn't want to travel with this sweet boy?! 

We flew into MN and Rachel picked us up just before midnight. Jordy greeted his Aunt Rachel (who he was meeting in person for the first time) with his best "Jordy-kiss" :)


We then spent the next day with Rachel and her kids. Jordy had fun playing with his cousins! Rachel had told her kids to be careful and wash their hands after playing with Jordy so they wouldn't get pink eye, and they were VERY obedient. They kept reminding each other to go wash their hands or use lots of sanitizer or would yell "Oh no, Jordy just touched me!" It was kind of funny...poor Jordy- first time meeting his cousins and they thought he had the plague :) But he got better in a few days and luckily, no one else got it, so they weren't "afraid" of him for long! 



 The next day I was watching the kids as Rachel was packing their bags so we could drive over to WI (her kids were doing swimming lessons in WI for 2 weeks). It was kind of funny- Jordy and Marshall kept diving in opposite directions, so they kept me busy trying to keep track of both of them! Marshall was 14 months old, but Jordy was almost just as big!


The day before had been 13 years since Nicole passed away. We went over to the cemetery when we got to WI to release balloons. It's always a little funny to see the kids' reactions when we give them a balloon to then let go of  a few minutes later! 









Grandma and Grandpa Hyatt were so excited when we finally made it! They had a true WI meal ready for us: brats and potato salad and lots of cheese! :) They also had new pajamas for each of the kids. Trying to get a picture of the kiddos was quite the challenge...




So then Grandma and Grandpa tried to help out...

As good as we were going to get! 
Enough with the pictures! Story time with Grandma now! :) 

Jordy sat in a highchair for the first time at Grandma and Grandpa's! 



He seemed to like it...and was quite good at getting messy already!



Grandpa set up the tent in the backyard and was daring enough to sleep in it with Cade and Lydia! But Marshall and Jordy had to say goodnight to those camping out as well!



Going on a walk...



So tiring! :) 
And then playing on the equipment at Franklin school 




Having so much fun! 

Some other pictures while we were in WI:

Shopping
Eating toes
Getting into Grandpa's things...
Getting into Grandma's things...
What a face! 
Cade connected all the baby toys so they'd be easy to clean up! 
Yurtle-the-Turtle went to church! 
Taking a nap with Grandpa!
...and everyone wants to sleep with Grandma!
Visiting my Grandma Hanson






Jordy and Grandpa in their scouting uniforms! 











No comments:

Post a Comment