Saturday, October 18, 2014

BYU Homecoming Weekend and Fall Fun

I don't really remember going to parades growing up-- not until my brothers were in the high school marching band! But this year- we had someone to wave to! Ben organized the parade with his campus job and then got to ride in a car in the parade (he was SOOO excited about that! Haha!) So we went to south campus to watch as the parade went by.





Who cares about a parade when there is a balloon to play with?!

I had heard that there were blue pancakes for homecoming, but in all my years at BYU I have never had one. But as we were waiting for the parade to come by the line for the FREE pancakes was right there, so, after all these years, I saw the blue pancakes (yes, just saw them, I didn't feel like eating something that was that blue- but Tyler had more "spirit" and tried them out! He had almost finished them before I could get a picture...so this was all that was left. Sorry that it's in his mouth...but see- they really are BLUE pancakes!)


These pictures are actually from the week before...
Tyler took a practice GMAT test on campus so Jordy and I went to a nearby park and played for a little until he was done! 




And then later that night we went to a BYU girl's soccer game! We've had fun enjoying the nice fall weather! 


We've somehow stayed pretty busy with studying and running errands, etc. on the weekends that we didn't go on any real hikes to enjoy the fall colors in the mountains. But one Sunday evening we decided to take a little drive up Provo Canyon to Squaw Peak to at least see some fall colors and catch the sunset. It was fun to have a little "break" -- and we weren't disappointed at all with the scenery! I'm just sad we didn't have more time to spend in the mountains this fall.










How cool- you can see 2 temples so clearly from Squaw Peak! (Soon to be 3!)

Provo Temple
Mt. Timpanogos Temple

The view was amazing. These pictures (especially with my dinky little camera) just don't do it justice!

Some pictures from earlier that day of Jordy enjoying the fall sunshine! (9.5 months old!)





He really is our SUNSHINE! 






No comments:

Post a Comment