I can't believe how fast the days are flying by...it's almost Thanksgiving!
We have definitely stayed busy- between work and school and baby preparations...in fact- our "To Do" list keeps growing (much to Tyler's dismay- I keep coming up with "projects" for him to do. In fact- I bet he's regretting telling me he had a tool set-- he's put together quite a few things!) However, even though we have been busy- we feel very grateful for the many things we have been blessed with in our lives. This is such a great time of the year to reflect on those things that often get taken for granted (or at least I am guilty of taking a LOT for granted and not being as grateful as I should be). So, we decided for one of our family nights (and yes, sometimes we have trouble gathering the family together to do these-- with all two of us Ü) to write things we are thankful for on cut-out leaves. We quickly ran out of leaves before we ran out of things to write. I didn't think it would be hard- but I was still surprised at just how easy it was to come up with things: we are thankful for opportunities to work and learn, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and to center our family around, for having our basic needs met and to live fairly comfortably (despite the drips and drafts and cracks... Ü) , for loving and supportive family and friends, and so much more. We really do feel so so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. In fact- I think we might make this a yearly tradition- adding a new bunch of leaves to our chain-- it was fun to take even just a little time out of our busy schedules to do this. We're especially grateful at this time to have a healthy baby boy joining our family soon!
*It's been fun seeing how big our little guy is getting (not as much fun seeing me getting bigger everywhere else though!) We're so excited to see him soon!
We have definitely stayed busy- between work and school and baby preparations...in fact- our "To Do" list keeps growing (much to Tyler's dismay- I keep coming up with "projects" for him to do. In fact- I bet he's regretting telling me he had a tool set-- he's put together quite a few things!) However, even though we have been busy- we feel very grateful for the many things we have been blessed with in our lives. This is such a great time of the year to reflect on those things that often get taken for granted (or at least I am guilty of taking a LOT for granted and not being as grateful as I should be). So, we decided for one of our family nights (and yes, sometimes we have trouble gathering the family together to do these-- with all two of us Ü) to write things we are thankful for on cut-out leaves. We quickly ran out of leaves before we ran out of things to write. I didn't think it would be hard- but I was still surprised at just how easy it was to come up with things: we are thankful for opportunities to work and learn, for the Gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives and to center our family around, for having our basic needs met and to live fairly comfortably (despite the drips and drafts and cracks... Ü) , for loving and supportive family and friends, and so much more. We really do feel so so blessed and have so much to be thankful for. In fact- I think we might make this a yearly tradition- adding a new bunch of leaves to our chain-- it was fun to take even just a little time out of our busy schedules to do this. We're especially grateful at this time to have a healthy baby boy joining our family soon!
Look at how we're growing! Ü
|
| 29.5 Weeks *Tyler has this tendency to make me look like a midget when he takes my picture... he thinks he's being so funny! Ha! :) |
34.5 Weeks
*It's been fun seeing how big our little guy is getting (not as much fun seeing me getting bigger everywhere else though!) We're so excited to see him soon!
Remember our little plants?! Well- the weather was just getting colder and colder and yet we still didn't have any flowers- but we weren't ready to give up on them yet! I hesitated to bring them inside (not sure of what other little critters might be in the pots) but finally, mid-October, inside they came! Then, just a week ago or so- I opened our curtains to find this...a little flower!! I was quite excited! I don't know how well it will continue to do being inside- but we have a flower...even if it took over 3 months to get it! :)





No comments:
Post a Comment