| Oh Packers! If you only knew you had Jordy cheering you on, you might have actually showed up ready to play! |
Tyler seems to be liking his new job (after a week!) He was pretty excited to tell me some of his co-workers were big-time BYU athletes! He is also planning on taking the GMAT again as he is working on his applications for MBA programs (he's looking at applying in the midwest in WI/MN and here at BYU and the U of U). I am working on scheduling my clients and am trying to find the motivation to work on my thesis this fall. In January I have one class to take while also working part-time with the Provo Early Intervention Program. Then I have 2 classes to finish Spring term, and then we/I (depending on if Tyler is still working or accepted into a program) are planning on going to WI for a summer internship at a Skilled Nursing Facility there. After that- it's just up to me when I can defend my thesis! Oh- there just may be light at the end of this tunnel! :)
In the meantime- we are just trying to make the most of our situation now- half student life/half "grown-up" life :) We were able to go to Seven Peaks a few times this summer so Jordy could float in the lazy river. We also went to the Provo splash pad a few times. Jordy wasn't exactly sure what to think of it...but I think he still had fun!
We couldn't start the semester and Ty start a new job without getting at least one hike in for the summer! So we started Labor Day off with some yummy breakfast from Kneaders (using Tyler's blood money-- literally- he went and donated plasma that morning) then we drove through Provo Canyon up past Sundance and Aspen Grove to hike to Stewart Falls. I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS! It is always so breathtaking driving up there...and I can't wait to go back in a few weeks when the leaves have changed color. There were SO many people on the trail though- we had to keep stopping to let people going the other way pass. Jordy got to ride in his hiking carrier for the first time...at first he wasn't sure what to think about it, but then he got pretty used to it...and was so comfortable, he was even able to take a little nap! He missed seeing the falls, but we had a fun hike!
| What tiring work riding on the back of dad! |
Jordy "talking" to the other hikers we were passing on our way back (he was probably trying to tell them not to bother going all the way- he saw the same stuff before and after his nap!)
It's been quite the summer...and even though it's the end of one season...a new season is definitely starting for us (literally!)
![]() |
| Jordy saying goodbye to our old condo |









No comments:
Post a Comment