Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Jordy is FREE again!

Look at how happy this little guy is!!! Of course he would be- he is CAST-LESS!!! 
He wasn't that happy 5 minutes before this picture was taken...

I had been able to get the orthopedic office to switch his appointment back to Monday instead of having to wait until Friday. The orthopedic tech took us to the back room, said "this is going to be loud" and turned on the little saw before I could even try covering Jordy's ears. So,  naturally, he got pretty upset about that. Then we had to wait our turn to get X-rays done, so Jordy got to eat his DumDum sucker (which made him happy again!) But then we walked into the X-ray room. Yikes. Apparently Jordy had been more traumatized than I realized. No sucker was going to calm him down. I was sweating by the time they got the 2 x-rays taken, after fighting to get Jordy to sit still on the table. Poor little guy...talk about my heart breaking again...
However, once that was all over and he remembered he had his sucker, he immediately wanted to get down. He was a little wobbly and definitely stiff-kneed, but not hesitant to walk on it. The doctor cleared him as "healed" after looking at the x-rays and he can go back to his normal activity. Yeah!! 
Jordy with his sucker! 
This has definitely been a very hard "mom moment" for me ...first of all, being the one responsible for his injury, but then also seeing him upset or limited (a little!) in what he could do. But it has also been hard to accept the fact that even against my best wishes or best efforts, I can't always keep him from being hurt or keep bad things from him. This hasn't helped me be any less "paranoid", that's for sure. I just hope this isn't foreshadowing a childhood of broken bones...

We took Jordy to Pizza Pie to "celebrate." Doesn't everybody eat their pizza like this?! (He actually ONLY eats the crust) He especially liked the Oreo and cinnamon dessert pizzas! Good thing he was FINALLY getting a bath that night! (He definitely enjoyed that!) 
And the very next day he is definitely back to his VERY ACTIVE self. He woke up by 6 am and then played the whole morning while I was at class and STILL wanted to be outside when I got home! 
Ugh, those swings! :) 
Our dog, Meg, knew the word "walk" or "popcorn" just hearing those words. It got to the point we had to just spell those words otherwise she would go crazy! Well- not saying Jordy is a dog, but we can't say certain words around him or he "goes crazy"! (More like he has a major meltdown if he doesn't get it). Some of those words are "cookie, yogurt, outside, or swings." He continues to sign "more" as soon as he gets on a swing(I think that is also meaning "higher" or "faster" to him!) Good thing he's so stinking cute...I'm willing to endure 5 minutes of swinging at a time for that cutie! He was also so funny when we went outside. As you can see in the picture, there is a slight drop from the sidewalk to the woodchips. Jordy wasn't sure he could make that "dip" so before I knew what he was doing, he dropped down to the ground and turned around to "back down" onto the woodchips. Hahaha. Cute and Smart! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment