Sunday, May 10, 2015

Last First Day of Classes!

Yeah baby! That's right! The end is in sight (ish!) I started spring term the last week of April and just have 2 classes (the only downside is they are each twice a week for 2.5 hours each...ick!) But- if we all can endure for 8 weeks, all that is left is an internship and, ugh, that annoying little thing: THE thesis. 

Kaisa has agreed to keep coming to watch Jordy while I'm at class, and hopefully Uncle Ben will be up for a few "play-dates" as well! :) We are so thankful for all the help we get, and Jordy is happy to get so much special attention! :)

Jordy got really comfortable with Uncle Ben one day! :)

Kaisa sent this picture to me while I was at class...she said Jordy was enjoying his Mac & Cheese when he sneezed. hahaha! :) 
He certainly hasn't slowed down much with his "peg-leg!" 
Watching Dad's work softball game!
Ready for a snack! Except notice in the video how he's a little picky... 


 Jordy took it upon himself to help clean the kitchen with his washcloth! 


Recently Jordy has been interested in scribbling/"coloring"-- it's kind of cute. I'm just worried he's going to get excited to color on more than his designated papers... :)

We went to Culver's with Jess, Carly, and Bradley. Jordy had a great dinner of fries and custard with blueberries :) 



He enjoyed giving fist bumps with Aunt Carly! He also learned how to blow the papers off the straws right into my face! Thanks Carly for the great things you're teaching him! :)




This is a little random, but it's been bothering me...

Just before Ben's wedding, I wanted to get my hair highlighted. I had spent hours before at the hair schools, so I thought I'd try out more "experienced" stylists but still didn't want to spend a lot. I went to Fantastic Sam's. BIG MISTAKE. The girl was supposed to do a partial highlight, however, she spent almost 3 hours putting so much foil in my hair, I probably could have picked up signals from the International Space Station! She had bleached my hair :( So I went back the next day to have her put brown in my hair and tone down the highlight. However, another 4 hours later and it still wasn't what I wanted but I had to get back to Jordy (Ben had kindly agreed to watch Jordy but he  needed to get back to work). After all this (spending more time and money than if I had gone to a hair school), I guess I learned my lesson -- I am beyond hope for trying to improve my appearance anymore! :)

Here is what I've also learned- sure signs to know you have a bad hair color when: 
- your husband is doing everything he can to not laugh when you are visablly upset about your hair color. When asked how he isn't laughing, he says "I didn't know I was allowed to!" (knowing he wanted to laugh!)
- multiple people ask "did you dye your hair" knowing very well I did but not wanting to ask "did you mean to have your hair that color?"
- your hair looks orange in wedding photos
- just the other day someone asked "did you dye your hair? *I respond "yes." They ask "do you like it?" Seriously?! Who asks if you like your hair color if they don't think it looks funny? (it was like she was really asking "what happened to your hair?!" or "that's an interesting color") Thanks for the subtlety! :)

Oh well...a "fun story" for the grandkids, right?!

One final note...

The background story of this picture will hopefully be clear after watching the video link, but just  know that no matter how silly I look, I LOVE BEING JORDY'S MOM! Thank you to my mom, Tyler's mom, my grandmothers, my sisters and dear friends that have shown me through their examples, their advice, love and support, and through their faith and testimonies the kind of person that I hope to become. Thank you! And Happy Mother's Day to the Mom who started this all... I love you! 

**UPDATE: I wouldn't be celebrating Mother's Day myself if it weren't for my amazing husband, Tyler! He spoiled me SO much today: getting up early with Jordy and changing his diaper, making me strawberry/raspberry-filled crepes and eggs (he sent me back to bed to eat them!), then HE made me a steak dinner and took Jordy on a little walk so I could take a quick nap, AND THEN he made me s'mores brownies with ice-cream. Uh yeah- be jealous! He also picked out a "chick-flick" for our next movie night (AKA: the next night I want to procrastinate my thesis a little more!) and a little chocolate treat just for me. AND on top of ALL that-- he is such an awesome dad and husband himself. SO- I felt guilty if I didn't give Mr. Tyler P. Davis the credit he deserves...this day wouldn't be the same without him and his love and support. (He really outdid himself! I don't know what he has in mind for Father's Day... : ) 


 Jordy wanted to come help me enjoy my breakfast!

Best Mother's Day present ever! This little squirt's smile!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment