Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Fun with Friends


As busy as we've been recently, and with painfully long classes twice a week (and a strong case of senior-itis) it's been helpful to have a few days of playing mixed in! During the first week in June Jordy and I met up with Rachel Bronson and Katie Witt and their boys for some fun at a playground and splash pad in Riverton (kind of a half-way point for all of us). It was fun for the boys to run around and play and for us to get to chat (in-between running after the boys!)

As much as Jordy loves climbing on the playground equipment, he can't go anywhere without a ball in hand!

Logan, Jordy, Dallin (Bennett in the background and Katie is holding her son Michael)







After grabbing a few bites to eat between running around and then drying off, it was back to the playground for the boys! (Where do they get all their energy?!) I was a little hesitant to let Jordy go free on the playground, but after one time of holding my hand to get up on stuff and be persuaded to go down the slide- he saw the other boys running around by themselves and he seemed to say "I got this mom!" (Ouch- that was quick of not being needed anymore!) He did really well climbing up the stairs and walking along all on his own!
He even goes down the slides by himself! 

Then, about a week later, Stephanie Johnson (another roommate/friend from Freshman year) was going to be in Salt Lake City- so Katie helped arrange a fun little get-together at a park in South Jordan. Holly and her kids were able to come too- so we were just missing Kendra :( I can't believe it's been almost 9 years since we were freshman in college--crazy to think about how much has happened between now and then! It was fun to catch-up a little and to let the kids run around together!

This picture makes me laugh so hard! (I shouldn't- I was the only there with 1 kid!) but trying to get all kids to stop playing for a picture was quite the task--and we're actually still missing Holly's baby and one of Katie's boys ran off right before...oh well- it was worth a try! 
This day I was also celebrating because I had just had my LAST DAY OF CLASSES. EVER!!!! I had taken a beastly written exam (2. 5 hours to write 3 essays citing all the readings we had had during the term), But that was over and I was still alive- so there was only 1 last group project to finish up and I was DONE with graduate course-work. Wahoo! 

My cohort had a little get-together at a park right after our last class finished! Tyler and Jordy came for some pizza before we headed up to South Jordan and Tyler went to a work soccer game. It's crazy to realize how much time was spent these last 2 years with these people! We made it!


Unfortunately, I still have a lot of writing to do for my thesis...and my thesis chair wasn't clear on the fact that once I left in the summer to do my internship, I would be finishing my thesis in WI. That brought about some stress and awkward conversations and trying to arrange to have my prospectus meeting before I leave. Things couldn't get too easy now, even with classes over, right?! Haha. (More on this drama later...)

But even with lots to do still, Jordy is just too energetic to be inside all the time! I don't get much work done when he's just begging me to go outside or to play with him- so we went to a park and then to the Riverwoods splash pad to hopefully wear him out a little! (It just wore me out!)




It's been so warm lately (and only getting hotter- with forecasts of staying in the 100s for several days)-- it just isn't pleasant being outside if you're not getting wet! 
Haha- talk about photo fail on my part!!! I didn't even think about it until I was looking at the pictures after- but don't worry- Jordy is NOT doing what this picture makes it look like! :) 



Poor Jordy- couldn't figure out why he kept getting splashed in the face/on his head! He kind of freezes when he gets splashed (whereas other kids run around or at least move away- maybe he'll figure it out before he hates splash pads all-together!)

We tried having a little picnic near-by, but Jordy wasn't up for eating much when he could be playing!

Later in June (this isn't in order, but it fit with the "splash pad" theme!) Jessica volunteered to watch Jordy so we could go to the Payson Temple. We were only able to do Initiatories, but it was still neat to be in that Temple- hopefully we can do an Endowment session before we leave. Jordy had fun taking over the place with Jess and Ryan while we were gone!





Doing his "work!"
We stopped by the splash pad in Spanish Fork. You'd think that Jordy would be a little more used to them by now- but he still acts a little "shocked" that something is getting him wet! And bringing a ball was just a temptation for the kids that do run around in the water to take it and run away with it-leaving Jordy confused and upset behind! But at times he seems to be having fun...





...he seemed to enjoy it the most when the water was off and he felt "safe" to run around...haha!

Our 7 Peaks passes are still valid through the beginning of July, which is nice to get to go a few more times before we leave. Even if we are just in the lazy-river, it's been nice to have somewhere to get wet and cool down a little from this heat! Jordy seems to like the pool more than the splash pads! Unfortunately, it's hard taking pictures while in the water, but he likes getting wrapped up in his towel when he's all done! 




If only he'd stay in the tube- I'd have a solution for keeping him in one place longer than 30 seconds! 


No comments:

Post a Comment