As mentioned in another post- there were still so many places we wanted to visit while in Utah. Bryce Canyon was on our list, so we planned a last-minute day-trip there just before my parents got to Utah! (Just over a 3 hour drive...not too impulsive, right?!) We know we could have spent a lot more time there, but it was good to get to see some of the park at least, AND it was perfect weather (not too hot!) and there were places we could see with Jordy in his stroller...which was definitely a bonus (seeing as neither of us had really recovered from our Y-meadow hike yet and weren't ready to have Jordy on our backs for miles and miles!)
We took a LOT of pictures (okay, I DID!) and I know there are better-quality pictures available online, but I can't help showing that we were actually there ourselves seeing these amazing sights, so I apologize in advance for the picture overload! :) A lot of what we were able to do/see in one day was driving to different look-outs and doing really small walks to the vantage points along the ridge. So a lot of it looks very similar, but we actually made 10 or more stops to see different markers.
 |
| It really looked this "fake" in person too! :) |
 |
| I had to include this- 1) it shows our car and our first real trip in it(besides going up to Idaho) and 2) it's to remind Tyler of a mean joke he played on me: I got out and ran ahead to take a picture of Tyler driving through this fun tunnel. Then, he pulled up and before I got back in, asked me to listen for a sound in the front of the car. I did (paranoid something was wrong already with the car) and then Tyler honked the horn with my face right there. Yup- really funny! (He sure thought it was- said it was a "classic" prank and he couldn't believe I fell for it!) Hahaha Davis! Ü |
 |
| I love this picture: Beautiful view and my favorite two guys in the whole world!!! |
 |
| I really wasn't going to include this (I mean, it's so flattering of me! ha!) BUT- I hadn't realized that one of the most "recognizable" rock formations at Bryce Canyon is called "Thor's hammer"! (So that's what I'm trying to point to). If only we had seen Thor on our visit! :) |
 |
| This picture is from the internet...but it shows Thor's Hammer much better than my camera could capture it! :) |
 |
| A little awkward self-timer-family pic! :) |
 |
| One of my favorite pictures... |
 |
| ...until this one! :) Oh Jordy! |
 |
| Don't worry- he wasn't on as dangerous of a ledge as it looks in this picture! :) |
 |
| Seriously, I couldn't get over how amazing and literally breathtaking the views were! |
Jordy was getting pretty anxious to do some "hiking" of his own, so we let him go! Good thing he has so much energy! People made several comments they were impressed he was making it up some steep climbs on his own. The picture on the right shows just how steep and far one of the vantage points was from where we started and Jordy climbed a good part of that himself! Ü
Such a beautiful park! We only wished we had had more time to really hike around- but we were just happy we decided to go for our "last Utah family vacation" Ü
No comments:
Post a Comment