Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas!


Still no baby...

But we still managed to have a great Christmas together! 

Tyler had to work on Christmas Eve, but he got to leave a little early. We had dinner with Carly and Brad- (Carly had made some amazing, fancy turkey wrap) and we also had potatoes, stuffing, corn, rolls, salad, and...FLUFF! (a traditional dish from Tyler's family that really is called fluff!) 
We then had our choice of poke cake, pumpkin pie, or Oreo chocolate balls for dessert. We definitely had PLENTY of food! 

After eating, Carly, Brad and I played a few Christmas "duets" on violin and cello (There were only 2 parts, but 3 of us- so they got creative!) It had been a little while since I last played my cello- so it was actually fun to see how the cello fit on my big belly! I wish I made more time for playing- I really do enjoy it! 

On Christmas morning we got to video chat with Elder Lance from Spain! It was fun to see how excited he is about missionary work and hear about his experiences. The rest of my family were on the video chat as well, so we talked with them after Lance logged off. We then had hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls and opened some presents. After, we talked with Jenny and Blake Jones and their family in England. We took a little nap and then video chatted with Tyler's family in Idaho-- so by mid afternoon we had managed to say Merry Christmas to everyone in both of our families! The rest of the day was filled with playing Jenga, eating, watching a Christmas movie, eating more, going for a walk and playing some Wii games (yes- we might be encouraging this little guy to come SOON!) 

It was a great relaxing day and I was so grateful to get to spend it with someone I love so much! 



No comments:

Post a Comment