Sunday, November 9, 2014

10 months!

SO...Jordy has been keeping us both VERY busy!

Jordy does not like it when I try working on the computer. He either tries "helping" by pounding on the keys or just tries closing my computer. This means I basically can't do any work when Jordy is awake. However, the only problem with this is: Jordy is almost always awake when I am awake! The kid doesn't sleep! He usually takes a 30-45 min. nap in the morning (time for me to either get ready or scramble to get stuff ready for my sessions with clients) then he'll sometimes take an afternoon nap for an hour or so. But then he's up again and just wants to GO-GO-GO! He plays with a toy for a few seconds, but then is off exploring the cupboards, book shelves, DVDs, etc. Needless to say, I have gotten a little behind on even fun things- like updating the blog. And we won't even get started on my thesis...

Tyler was very dedicated and because work can't get done with Jordy at night, he was waking up early in the morning to study for the GMAT. He took it on November 8th and did very well! (He said he kind of panicked during the math section and said he could have done better, but he did get a better score than last time!) I am so proud of his diligence and hard-work studying and preparing for that test. Those tests are never fun and unfortunately seem to show such limited skills...but it's over with and now he's working on personal statements and applications!

Even if they are late...here are Jordy's 10-month-old pictures!
He's such a turkey! I was trying to get him to smile showing off his 2-new teeth...

There they are! 


He wouldn't sit still...so this is amazing that we got the ball while it was on his back! 
This is where he kept wanting to go...he loves pushing his high-chair around!

It's been so long- now I can't remember what he could do a few weeks ago compared to what he is doing now! But here are a few updates (with more to come in just a few days now!):

-Jordy has let go of the furniture a few times and stood independently for a few seconds! (In fact, when Grandma and Grandpa Hyatt were here the last week of October, Jordy just stood up in the middle of the room for a few seconds before sitting back down!)
- Jordy LOVES LOVES LOVES bananas. He can eat a whole banana in one sitting and still wants more! (He still eats them by grabbing them in his fist and then squeezing them into his mouth...making him really fun to clean up!)
- He blows raspberries on OUR arms and anywhere he sees skin...leaving LOTS of slobber!
- Continues to say ma-ma and da-da
- Clicks his tongue and smacks his lips together (mostly when we're trying to feed him and he's trying to distract us!)
- Loves playing peek-a-boo. He grabs a blanket or shirt or anything he can to cover his face and play!
-Goes to sleep at night now without crying...but it's not always a guarantee that he stays in his crib all night (I'm hoping it's because he gets cold in his room--we're getting a space heater- because he hogs the bed too much to be sleeping with us still :)
-Still shakes his head "no" (again, mostly while in his high-chair)
- He makes "ah-ah-ah" sounds while someone puts fingers on his lips (I think one of Ben's roommates taught him to do that!)
- HE HAS 2 TEETH ON THE BOTTOM! I almost forgot...but he got those mid-October!
- Loves crawling through tunnels or trying to squeeze through a small space
- He's been eating more of a variety...fruits and cinnamon bread and cooked carrots and olives...but we need to distract him and "trick" him a little to open for anything green... :(
-He gets so so excited to talk to his grandmas and grandpas on the iPad. In fact- he kind of thinks the iPad is his and gets super upset when he doesn't get to play with it. So much for keeping him "unplugged"...haha...
- Still has one of the most contagious smiles I've ever seen!

He keeps us busy and I wonder where he gets all his energy some days...but we sure love our little man!


The best part about being a mom:
...making Jordy laugh! He has always had a great smile, but he hasn't always been a real "giggly" baby. However, as I play with him and get him to laugh, it just makes me want to laugh! At times he has made me feel really stressed not being able to work or being kind of "clingy" and wanting me to give him 100% of my attention 100% of the time...but when I am able to just stop and play with him- he gets so happy and makes me almost (key- ALMOST) forget about all the other stuff I'm supposed to do. He helps me realize that in the big scheme of things, I really don't have much to complain about and we are quite blessed. When I go on campus with him or go to the store and others are smiling at him or the cashier is commenting on his big smile, I feel so lucky to be his mom! I never realized such a little person could make such a difference in other people's lives...making them smile! That's more than I usually do for most of the people I come in contact with in a day. He just really is a happy little boy that makes me happy! I don't know how things will be in a few years...if I'll have graduated/finished my certification, if Tyler will be in grad school, where we'll be living...but I do feel through all the uncertainties, we can still find HAPPINESS! And with a little smile-machine...he sure helps me be happy when it would otherwise be easy to get discouraged and frustrated with things. SO I love that I have a daily gift from my Heavenly Father to help me remember to LOVE LIFE! :)
*I have heard the quote on a number of occasions that goes something like "things will work out in the end, so if things don't seem fair, you probably haven't reached the end!"
**I also heard someone describe having kid(s) like having a little Christmas gift to open each and every day...I like that thought! (Most days!!! :-)

Other pictures from the month:




No comments:

Post a Comment