Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Happenings

I feel like this picture sums it up! Always somewhere to be- but oh so tired :)
I kept meaning to upload some pictures earlier, and then something would come up (like both Tyler and I getting the stomach flu one weekend with an active little boy on the loose! Yeah- blog updates were NOT happening then! Let's just say I am grateful THAT weekend is over. Yikes)

Then my summer internship notified me they were going through staffing changes and my supervisor was being relocated to their location in DePere...40+ minutes from Appleton- which wasn't really going to work (as it defeated a large purpose of going to Appleton for the summer if I was just going to have to travel that far anyway). SO- on to the THIRD site for trying to work out an internship arrangement : (
**One might think I'd take 2 "hiccups" as a sign it wasn't 'meant to be' for doing an internship in WI- however, I had already missed opportunities to apply for anything here in Utah. Plus- having Jordy spend the day with his grandparent(s) while I'm doing my internship still seemed like the best arrangement. So- I'm still working on getting the arrangements finalized for a 3rd site. HOPEFULLY, this is the last time I am coordinating all this...

I finished my big class presentation for the semester and then promised my thesis advisor that NOW I was ready to do thesis full-time. Haha! That's when sicknesses came, internship drama, car problems and just general "it's-the-end-of-the-semester"-exhaustion kicked in- so it just turned into a VERY busy month.

How can I work on a thesis when this happens?! I closed the door to our room to try to work without Jordy "helping" me type and this is then what I see...those cute chubby fingers poking under the door. 
And then- during all that- Jordy just kept on getting bigger! :) He is 15 months old and still the BIGGEST joy of our lives! (*At his 15 month appointment he weighed 26.6 lbs (92nd percentile) and was in the 84th percentile for height! Also 97th percentile for head size. Yup...BIG BOY!!)

-He uses signs for: "please", "more", "finished"
-He kind of  "says" up, off, on, hot (and of course, his favorite, "yogurt"!)
-He has another tooth coming in on the bottom (7 total)
-Has cRaZy hair!!!
-Always sleeps with 2 pacifiers (how?- he switches off between one on a clip and one in his hand- ever since he was a little baby and he'd rub our arms as he fell asleep, he just likes to have something in his hand as he goes to sleep-- there could be worse habits, right?!)
-Can identify his hair, eyes, nose, mouth, belly button, ears, and toes
-Loves, Loves, LOVES being outside and swinging!!!
-Definitely has an opinion about things :) (It's amazing how stubborn he already is!)
-Figured out how to open the dishwasher and almost the oven :(
-Loves playing "chase" with his dad!

Some activities from March:
Jordy trying out the orange float we got from the soda shop near campus. Yeah- he loved it!
Look at what a big helper! He LOVED getting to help push the cart around as we were grocery shopping.
He's quite the crazy driver though! 
Playing at the Park









We have a swingset behind our apartment (with 2 swings, that's it- kind of random). Jordy LOVES swinging but I HATE the swings- so we're both grateful when someone else will take him on the swing! 
This is what happens when we ask Jordy to smile...so cute. 
Aunt Julie and her family came to visit during their Spring Break
Katelyn and Jordy
Kyler and Jordy
Aunt Julie and Jordy...he got spoiled and had lots of swinging buddies today!
Visiting Grandma and Grandpa Hyatt at the Seville

The framed photo is one of my dad's family -- (he's the one there in the picture in the frame) What do you think? Does Ben look like my dad at all?! 
We visited my Grandma and Grandpa Hyatt after they celebrated their 70th wedding anniversary! 

Looking Good!

One Sunday after we got back from church, Tyler immediately took off his Sunday shoes. Jordy went right over to them, picked them up, and brought them over to the middle of the floor where he then tried getting his feet in them. He then got a little help getting them on...



Proud to have these 2 good-looking boys by me at church! 

McKay School Poster Conference 
I was required to participate in the McKay School Mentored Research Poster Conference (nope- not something I would have chosen to do on my own!). Tyler was able to leave work a little early to help supervise Jordy as I was supposed to stand by my poster (yeah- it's awkward! Luckily I used Jordy as an excuse to keep walking around!) 
Jordy getting a little "refreshment" at the poster conference. He was so stinking cute! 
Easter Outfit
 With General Conference being on Easter Sunday this year, Jordy wore his "Easter outfit" the week before to church. He got quite a few compliments! :)



Ben's soccer game
Jordy is in there somewhere...
Spring is in the air!

As you saw earlier- Jordy was swinging with a hat and sweatshirt one day, just a light shirt in another picture and then was bundled up as a marshmallow again for the soccer game. Yeah- it's been kind of crazy up-and-down spring-time weather here. But- we've enjoyed the nicer weather for the most part! AND- in case you were wondering what "popcorn trees" were...here they are! They really do look like popcorn is popping on the trees! :)  

Sorry this video is sideways. Jordy has always danced to music but recently, when he hears it in the car, he starts dancing in his seat. (This isn't a great example, but it was quick on my phone while we were stopped at a light!) 

And this video was from the last weekend in March when it was almost 80 degrees outside! Tyler's other sister, Kristi, and her family were here on Saturday and we met them at a nearby park. Tyler was excited to throw a football around with his nephews, but Jordy wanted to play too... :) 












No comments:

Post a Comment