Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Jordy's Cast

Uncle Tyler put a cast on Jordy's leg on Saturday night after the wedding at the hotel. (He wanted to use Viking's colors, and we wanted Green and Gold- so Jordy got blue! :)


Thanks, Dr. Dahl! 
Another Culver's just opened up in Utah County! (800 N in OREM...5 minutes from our place!)
SO- as is our new custom (after Jordy has to see a doctor), we took Jordy a few days after-the-fact, to get some yummy custard (and butterburgers and fries!)





I've been amazed at how quickly Jordy has adapted to his cast...he gets around better than with his splint because he can pull himself up and "pirate walk" around. Impressive!! It's just heavier to carry him and it scratches us when he crawls up on us...but it's worth it if he can be more mobile! :)





He's even managed to get into things again! He not only shakes the spices now, he knows how to twist off some of the caps. How did I discover this?- you might ask- well, when I went to get the camera, I turned back around to see dill weed all over the floor. Oops! (Perhaps the next question is why on earth I have dill weed...!)


He's even adorable while sleeping!!! 


Unfortunately, when I called the orthopedic office to let them know his follow-up appointment would involve removing a cast now, they moved back the appointment so he is going to be in the cast for almost 3 weeks. (I don't think they understood what I was saying to them, oh well...) BUT- May 14th- is THE DAY we're anxiously looking forward to!!! :)

Thanks Jordy, for still being such a cutie and not completely hating me (yet!)

There's something very comforting to Jordy about having 2 pacifiers to carry around/hold. I used to say it was silly, because he could only use 1 at a time, but, he proved me wrong! :)  







No comments:

Post a Comment