Jordy and I met Tyler at work on Friday and then went up to my mission reunion at my mission president's home in Bountiful. It was fun to see some of those I served with and- most importantly- show off Jordy! :)
I am grateful to have had the opportunity to serve a mission and for all those that supported me along the way.
![]() |
| Michelle Almeida- one of my companions! |
I couldn't help myself. The hat was $1 and he was a good sport as I took lots of pictures!
Conference is always a good opportunity for me to self-reflect. I have been thinking recently how being a mom has given me the "opportunity" to be humbled. A LOT. And OFTEN. I knew that having a baby would change things- but I was quite naive just how much one little person would change things! I had no idea just how hard it is being completely responsible 24/7 for another person who is completely dependent on you. It has made me so much more impressed and amazed with every other mom out there-- how did they all make it look easy?! I thought that I was a fairly independent person...liking to do things for myself as much as possible-- but this semester has shown me just how much I NEED others. I can't do it on my own. I have mentioned before- but for my 2 classes, 4 different people watch Jordy, plus, anytime I meet with the client for my thesis research is another time someone watches him. I have seen over and over how weak I am and how many faults I have (getting tired and frustrated with Jordy or not knowing how to calm him down, etc.) and how much I've relied on others to offer support, encouragement, advice, or even just to listen to me vent for a little while. I am so so SO grateful for all the help I've received-- especially these last few months. To be honest- I still ask myself almost daily, "Is this worth it?" to keep juggling school while Tyler is working full-time and Jordy is so young. It has been the hardest semester ever. I hate feeling like I'm not giving my best self to what I'm doing- especially to Jordy and to Tyler...
This is Jordy "singing" along with the choir!





No comments:
Post a Comment