I've always loved Christmas time and putting up decorations and lights, etc. But this year, I'm feeling pressure! I want to help Jordy enjoy Christmas time as much as I enjoy it! Luckily- he's pretty easy to please...a few empty boxes or nativity sets that he can try eating baby Jesus, and he's happy! :)
I know I posted his 11 month update late, but here's a few new ones:
-Jordy officially moved up to size 4 diapers!
-He looks where you're pointing
-He loves to try to imitate faces and sounds (especially our laughs. It's particularly noticeable when we do a "fake" or "polite" laugh somewhere...he totally "tells on us" by starting to fake laugh too! Stinker! :)
-He is laughing a lot more now (especially when being tickled!)
-LOVES playing peek-a-boo (and he'll grab just about anything and put it over his face to do it himself)
-He has so so SO much energy ALL THE TIME!
-LOVES seeing his cousins and grandparents on the iPad and computer
-Tries to point the remote at the TV
-Waves/dances to any type of music! Seriously. ANY type. He just can't help it. When he hears a beat (even if it's our terrible off-key singing) he starts bouncing and waving!
-Says mama and dada. He makes some attempt at "banana" as well.
-He is a moocher! Anytime we are eating something, he instantly wants it.
-Sticks his tongue out (with and without food on it)
- Can clap now! (He was clapping before with one open hand on a fist, but now he can clap with both hands open! He claps anytime he hears us say "yeah!" :)
-Waves arms to celebrate or when he's excited. He'll also wave "hello" or "goodbye" to people
-Stands a lot more
-He cuddles when we say "awww" and "hug" :) (Melts my heart everytime!)
-Fake coughs
-He discovered the frogs and will try to pound on their aquarium- he stands on his toys to get higher (he's a climber in general). (I bet he's like that girl on Finding Nemo that the fish are afraid of at the dentist's office...10 points if you can think of her name...)
-Is a lot more interested in books now
-So much more of his personality is coming out...EVERY day! We just love him to pieces!
Oh, one more thing. I'm still baffled at how much energy he has with how little he sleeps. He rarely goes to bed before 9pm and is still awake by 7:30am- THE LATEST. He only takes a total of 2 hours in naps, if we're lucky, during the day. I don't know how he does it...He really should share some of that energy with me! We wanted to take his 11-month football pictures right before bed- thinking he'd be a little more cooperate. He didn't mind getting to stay up more! He definitely still had the energy!
We love this little man!
Jordy is not even a year old and he's spent lots of time on a university campus and at work (Ben's job) and has even been "cultured" and came to my orchestra concert! (Ok, Ty sat with him during the other group and then Ben watched him when my orchestra was playing!) But I could feel his support from the hall :)
![]() |
| He was so excited to crawl around in the hall at the HFAC, he fell asleep before the concert finished! |
![]() |
| But then, just like that, he was AWAKE again! |
![]() |
| Oh! He makes me happy! |
The best part about being a mom:
I feel motivated to be better. It's very daunting to realize that Jordy is watching my every move, listening to me, mimicking me. It makes me realize that I can either be a good example for him or a "what-not-to-do" example. I have so many flaws and weaknesses, but Jordy is that daily reminder for me to try to be better, to be more honest, to be more humble, to be more selfless, to be more caring, to be more forgiving, to be MORE. I've gotten discouraged when it is apparent I am not the mom my mom is, or my sister is, or my friends are- I don't have their patience, their energy, their creativity and craftiness...I'm just not THEM. But luckily, Jordy is forgiving of (most) of my weaknesses! And in his patience with me, he reminds me of my loving Heavenly Father that is even more forgiving. I really am encouraged by Pres. Uchtdorf's quote from Women's Conference, "“He loves you not only for who you are this very day, but also for the person of glory and light you have the potential and desire to become.” Thank you, Jordy, for helping me have the desire to keep trying to be a better person :)
Being a mom makes driving a mini-van almost enjoyable! :) Hahaha! Tyler's parents have been so kind to let us use their mini-van while our car is in Idaho getting repaired. I've had to re-learn parking a mini-van (especially after driving my little matchbox-car with a super tight steering radius!) But it's been good- it's SO much easier getting Jordy in and out of the car and there is actually room to put the stuff from the store! And- it's so roomy...plenty of space for more car-seats...when those would be needed! :)






No comments:
Post a Comment