**Beware: Picture overload on this one! What can I say? December is just a good month for taking pictures of cute boys :)
We took Jordy to the University Mall hoping to get a quick picture of him sitting on Santa's lap. (Not that Jordy was really going to appreciate "meeting Santa"- but it makes for a good picture!)
However, we found out they didn't allow personal photography and the cheapest picture package that was available was $20 (yeah- not happening. Especially when I could almost guarantee Jordy wasn't going to smile sitting on some strange guy's lap...) so, we tried doing some family pictures by their fireplace decorations.
 |
| O.k. This was in a store- before we found the other Santa! :) At least this Santa didn't charge to take pictures with him! |
 |
| I wanted Jordy to wear the Santa hat. He didn't agree with that. |
 |
| "I can't see with this thing on!" |
 |
| When he doesn't enjoy wearing one thing, what happens next?! Yup, logically it's put on something even more annoying to him! In this case it was the flashing red Rudolph nose! Poor guy! |
 |
| Our new fireplace! Ha! I wish! |
 |
| "Quick- you distract him and I'll put on the hat before he notices!" |
 |
| Yeah- I think he noticed! |
Luckily, the Riverwoods Mall had FREE pictures with Santa AND a free carriage ride around the mall. Yay for them having true Christmas Spirit!
 |
| Jordy really seemed to enjoy looking at the lights. The Riverwoods Mall is mostly outdoors, so they string lights across the pathways and Jordy kept tilting his head back as we walked to see it all! |
 |
| I'm not sure what I expected Jordy to do when he saw Santa...but this expression is pretty priceless! |
 |
| This is the carriage ride we rode on. |
 |
Hopefully it was more fun than Jordy showed in this picture! *Side note: Jordy got several compliments about his Packers Santa Hat! Packers Fans are everywhere! |
 |
| Even if Jordy didn't really appreciate all the lights, I loved seeing them! |
 |
| We then went into Blickenstaff's Toy Store. THAT was pretty fun for Jordy! They had giant gumballs and toy trains and... |
 |
| ...a giant rocking horse! Jordy got right into this position when we put him on it! Maybe he'll be a jockey?! Ha! |
And when one wants to really get in the holiday spirit with Christmas lights- GO TO TEMPLE SQUARE! We went with Jess, Ben and Carly Hunter and then met Carly and Brad up there. It was a little cold and wet, so I wanted to keep Jordy warm, but I don't think he really appreciated being "mummified"!
 |
| And just for fun, we had taken a picture in front of the same tree in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building a year ago -- I guess there's been a few changes! :) |
 |
| Hyatt siblings! |
 |
| Awww :) |
 |
| "Aww, Mom! Get me out!" |
 |
| It was SOOO crowded the night we went up (we didn't check before but apparently there had been 2 different concerts on Temple Square that night. Oops!) So it was hard to get pictures without tons of people in the background. |
 |
| I love this guy! |
 |
| Ok. Both these guys! :) |
We got Jordy decked out for the Packer's Monday Night Football Game! Look at how excited he was!
 |
| It's getting harder and harder to get pictures of Jordy while he's smiling WITH his eyes open! This one looks like he was almost trying to do this! :) |
 |
| "Seriously, Mom! Don't you remember? I don't like Santa Hats on my head!" |
 |
| "I'm outta here!" |
Jordy got a super cute Christmas outfit from Grandma Hyatt! However, I guess he's about had it with getting his picture taken...HE wanted to hold the camera. Sigh.
 |
| This one makes me laugh. Remember how Jordy looked at the other Santa he met?! I don't think he knows what to think about THIS Santa character! :) |
 |
| "I'M still watching you, Santa!" |
Don't worry- they'll be LOTS more pictures Christmas week! :)
Jordy may not appreciate all the Christmas decorations and lights now, but we sure are grateful for the Spirit of Christmas that we feel!
He is the Gift
This is my new favorite! (Piano Guys etc.)
No comments:
Post a Comment